Sunday, August 28, 2011

More seedlings

Started some more hot peppers (love heat).  I planted two containers of long cayenne and two containers of jalapeno peppers.  For those of you playing along with the home edition, I have 2 mature scotch bonnets that produced a lot this year, 1 ghost pepper I plan to transplant soon, and now some jalapeno and long cayenne.  Realistically, I'll probably need more jalapeno since they have more uses but it's a start.

The black beans I planted are slowly coming up.  I haven't done the research yet, but it seems they are taking longer than I would expect to germinate.  All the other beans I grow tend to emerge within 3-4 days and these were planted 8 days ago.  Still, they are coming up now so I can't complain too much.  The lentils haven't started emerging at all.  I think the heavy rains this week compacted the mix and pushed the lentils to the surface.  I'll give it a few more days, but I may need to put something else in there (Love black beans so maybe more of them!)

Miscellaneous:

The ginger I planted is looking real good so I planted another piece of root I broke off from what I use for making ginger tea.  Bought another pineapple yesterday so I cut the top off and it's drying now.  I'll pot it tomorrow.  Planted some chive seeds in a container to add to the herb garden, need to plant some thyme soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment