Friday, September 2, 2011

Posting a few pics


I've had some requests for pictures so here we go. 


This is a black bean plant as it emerges, I love the colors.  
The leaves start off with this dark purple color but change to green after a few days.


I got a bumper crop of black eyed peas. 
In addition to being one of the few things that can stand the
Central Florida heat in July/August, they are a great cover
crop that returns nutrients back to the soil. 
Note to self: next summer plant this in more beds!


One end of the new bed I built this summer. 
It's a 2'X20' bed that I filled with compost I made over the last year. 
It's full of beans (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun).  In the foreground
are the red kidney beans, the background has lima beans. 


I wrote about the soil blocks a few weeks ago and here is a shot of them. 
These are tomato plants that will go in a bed, hopefully this weekend. 
Really loving the soil block concept and I plan to make about 20 more this
weekend for my daughter to plant her flower seeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment